Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Road Trip: Texas


Tom & I have always wanted to go on a road trip across the country & we decided that now would be the perfect time to go. So we packed up our things, I quit my job & we set out across the country and back. We left late one night & drove through the night all the way to Marfa, Texas. I wish I had pictures to explain the cuteness that was Marfa. The town was the tinniest thing & you could walk the whole thing in 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't load my film correctly, like a rookie, and the only picture I have is the one above. We arrived and set up our tent at El Cosmico, which was a lovely place. Seeing as we had driven through the night, we were dead tired, but one can't fall asleep at a campsite at 2pm, so we set off to explore. I ate the most delicious burger in my life that afternoon. We then headed back and rested and read while lounging in hammocks. Then badness happened. It got ridiculously windy. So windy that even though our tent was set up perfectly, the wind was so strong it made the tent lay flat. Camping turned out to be impossible, so we packed up & drove to the next town over, rented a room & fell asleep. Either way, Alpine was good to us, despite only having one radio station.


 Outfit Details: Top & Skirt: Forever 21 // Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens

No comments:

Post a Comment